Precautions for LED strip installation
Compared with traditional lighting, LED light strips are still a new product under development. Therefore, many consumers do not know much about how to install LED light strips. What are the precautions for the installation and use of LED light strips? When installing, be sure to follow the instructions and use the correct method to install it. If it is excessively twisted or used incorrectly, it will easily cause damage to the light strip. Today, the LED light strip manufacturer will talk to you about LED lights. With installation precautions
1. Power connection method: The general voltage of the LED light strip is DC 12V, so it needs to use a switching power supply to supply power. The size of the power supply is determined according to the power and connection length of the LED light strip. If you don't want each LED strip to be controlled by a power supply, you can buy a switching power supply with a relatively high power as the total power supply, and then connect all the LED strip input power supplies in parallel (if the wire size is not enough, you can extend it separately), Unified by the main switching power supply. The advantage of this is that it can be controlled centrally, but the inconvenience is that the lighting effect and switch control of a single LED strip cannot be achieved. The specific method can be measured by yourself.
2. There is a "scissors" mark for each meter, which can only be cut when the mark is cut. Wrong or wrong cutting will cause one meter to not light up! It is recommended to carefully look at the position of the mark before, and cut it according to the unconnected part in the middle.
led light strip manufacturers
3. Pay attention to the connection distance of LED strips: Generally speaking, the connection distance of 3528 series LED strips is 20 meters, and the Z-long connection distance of 5050 series LED strips is 15 meters. If the connection distance is exceeded, the LED light strip will easily heat up, which will affect the service life of the LED light strip during use. Therefore, the installation must be carried out in accordance with the requirements of the manufacturer, and the LED light strip should not be overloaded.
4. Each light strip must be equipped with a special plug (plug with a transformer). When connecting, be sure to remove the transparent plastic cover, and then cover it after connecting the test light. Do not connect directly with a cover, it is easy to short circuit!
5. Outdoor installation: Because outdoor installation will be exposed to wind and rain, if 3M glue is used for fixing, the adhesiveness of 3M will be reduced and the LED light strip will fall off after a long time. Therefore, outdoor installation is often fixed by card slot. Where it needs to be cut and connected, the method is the same as the indoor installation, except that it needs to be additionally equipped with waterproof glue to consolidate the waterproof effect of the connection point.
6. Indoor installation: When the LED light strip is used for indoor decoration, the installation is very simple because it does not have to withstand wind and rain. Taking ordinary LED light strips as an example, the back of each LED light strip is affixed with self-adhesive 3M double-sided tape. When installing, you can directly tear off the sticker on the surface of the 3M double-sided tape, and then fix the light strip in the place to be installed. Just press it flat with your hand.
As for some places that need corners or are long, what should I do? Very simple, the LED light strip is a circuit structure composed of 3 LEDs in series and parallel, and every 3 LEDs can be cut off and used alone.
7. Controller connection method: LED marquee strips and RGB full-color strips need to use controllers to achieve changing effects, and the control distance of each controller is different. Generally speaking, the control distance of a simple controller is 10 to 15 meters, the control distance of the remote controller is 15 to 20 meters, and the length can be controlled to a distance of 30 meters. If the LED strip has a long connection distance and the controller cannot control that long strip, then a power amplifier needs to be used to tap.
8. When the light strip is installed, it is generally placed in the light trough and can be placed straight, or it can be fixed with a thin rope or thin iron wire. If external or vertical installation is required, additional "clamps" and "tail plugs" are required. It is recommended to put waterproof glass glue on the tail plug and plug after installation, so that the waterproof performance is better.
Qinda Avenue, Yanlong Street, Yandu District, Yancheng City, Jiangsu Province